Sesame seeds are flat, oval shaped tiny seeds which have a crunchy and nutty texture and are used all over the world in food recipes and skin care products. With the scientific name sesamum indicum, these seeds are grown and manufactured in bulk quantities in India, Mexico, Africa and China etc. The seeds grow naturally in pods and are cultivated from edible seeds. They come in a lot of varieties and variants viz. natural white sesame seeds, hulled white sesame seeds, black sesame seeds, brown sesame seeds, all of which find use and application over the globe. There are many well-known sesame seeds manufacturers & exporters of sesame seeds or sesame oil in India and most of them follow the same sesame seeds manufacturing process to produce them in bulk. The following is a step by step description of the process of sesame seeds manufacturing:
Sesame seed processing:
The sesame seeds manufacturer need big processing plants and the correct machinery in-house to appropriately process the sesame seeds. The processing is broadly carried out in three main steps which are cleaning, dehulling and sorting. Since there are two kinds of sesame seeds-hulled and unhulled, the unhulled seed lot does not need to go through the dehulling process. The sesame seeds manufacturer adopt the following steps for manufacturing & processing the sesame seeds:
Step 1: Cleaning
- This is the pre-cleaning process which is meant to clean all the raw seeds and is done by removing all the impurities and dust particles.
- There are many devices within the cleaning machinery to carry on this process.
- Firstly, all the seeds are sieved then transferred to a spiral blending machine and then into the grader followed by the de-stoner.
- The machine has three different discharging outlets for impurities, for sewage and for cleaned seeds.
Step 2: Dehulling
- This process is of two different kinds-dry dehulling and wet dehulling. Dry dehulling is not used in commercial plants and industries. Whereas wet dehulling is used where a large output needs to be obtained.
- Wet dehulling in turn includes 5 processes which are: soaking, dehulling, separation, cleaning and drying.
Step 3: Sorting
- The final step of the sesame seeds manufacturing process is sorting in which again is divided into 3 steps: fine sorting, magnetic sorting and colour sorting.
- Fine sorting-this is a kind of a sorting process in which all the seeds are fined and then sorted on the size basis
- Magnetic sorting-this is a kind of a sorting process in which the fined seeds are made to go through magnetic field or charge to remove all kinds of magnetic impurities.
- Colour sorting-in this sorting, the single sorter machine separates impurities like foreign particles and stones.
Concluding the aforesaid steps of sesame seeds manufacturing, the sesame seeds manufacturer bag the seeds and get them ready for export. HL Agro is a noted & reliable sesame seeds manufacturer hailing from India. With the consistent delivery of high-quality sesame seeds over the years, it has duly carved a niche for itself in the national & international markets.