Sesame seeds are one of the best and oldest known oilseeds in the world. These seeds are not only the healthiest seed varieties but also ones which are known for their nutty flavour and texture all around the world. The seeds have to go through a detailed processing procedure before the final outcome can be obtained and are then used for cooking and other purposes. The procedures involve cleaning and peeling which is done through appropriate machinery. The following are some more details of the cleaning & peeling processes of the sesame seeds plant ingeniously used in sesame seeds manufacturing.
The sesame seeds cleaning and peeling plant plays an important role in sesame seed processing procedure. The sesame seeds plant can peel both white or black sesame seeds very efficiently and even in bulk quantities. This also helps to improve the sesame economic benefits and the overall utilization value. The peeling machine has a vertical structure and is easy to operate. Well known Sesame seed manufacturing companies like HL Agro use large sized cleaning and peeling machines so as to be able to produce large content of seeds every year. The whole sesame seeds plant require alkaline water in order to soak the raw materials and to separate sesame skin as well as the kernels by washing. Thus this process is termed as wet method cleaning and peeling.
The following is a step by step description of the manufacturing and production process followed by HL Agro and other sesame seed manufacturing companies.
1. Cleaning– The first step of the process is cleaning where the big and small impurities are removed.
2. Removing– The next step involves removing the sesame that is not full and this is done through rotary sieve.
3. Colour Sorter– The next stage of the processing process involves colour sorting in which the kernels with different colours are sorted using a computer colour sorter.
4. Sesame Grading– A classifying equipment is used to select similar sesame in this step.
5. Soaking– The sesame is conveyed to blender by a transmitting tube and then soaked for 30 minutes in water.
6. Peeling– A vertical machine or cylinder peeler is used to make the sesame go through relative movement in the container. This is done to remove sesame skin by using friction.
7. Separation– This is the process of separation of the skin and the kernel so that sesame can be softened by adopting the best soaking technology.
8. Drying– The seeds are now finally dried by using a sesame and water gravity ratio of 1:2.
These processes are followed throughout the year in sesame manufacturing plants and in such a way that the yield can be maximized to the best extent.
Sesame Seeds Exporters, HL Agro maintains a fully automated processing plant for cleaning & peeling the sesame seeds to make them export -ready for global locations.