Sesame seeds are considered one of the healthiest seeds in the world and why not! Sesame seeds are obtained from sesame crop and are one of the oldest oilseed crops known to mankind. The sesame crop is naturalized in tropical regions and is cultivated for the edible seeds which grow inside pods. Most of the wild varieties of the crop are found in Africa and India. India ranks amongst the bulk manufacturers and top sesame seeds exporters around the world. Following are some more information and reasons for the making India, the ace sesame seeds exporters around the globe:
- India is the 2nd largest producer of sesame seeds in the world and has a normal average crop of about 540 thousand tons. It is a fact that the total area under cultivation for sesame seeds in the country is about 1650 thousand hectare. It underpins the production acreage & helps the economy to join the league of major sesame seeds exporters worldwide.
- A total of 5 states in India produce 80% of the total sesame in India and they are Gujarat, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh and Maharashtra. The massive yield generated cumulatively by the regions accelerates the trading capacity & is a vital factor to make it one of the leading sesame seeds exporters globally.
- What makes India one of the top sesame seeds exporters is the tropical climate found in several parts of the country. The crop needs tropical conditions to grow and to be cultivated and the Indian summer season is thus ideal for sowing. The sowing season begins in May or June and the harvesting period is around September or October.
- A good or a bad monsoon can has a big impact on the total produce because of the fact that farming in the country especially where sesame is grown is completely dependent on the rains with either no or little irrigation facility.
- It is a fact that the sesame crop does not require much water but some rains at the time of sowing and cultivation is a must. But rains at the time of harvest can leave the crop damaged.
- The local demand within the country of top quality and premium quality hulled is almost negligible and is limited to the winter months only. But a large portion may be used for crushing so that oil extraction can be done from the seeds. The marginal domestic sesame demand enables the country to export its produce on a larger scale & join the troop of top sesame seeds exporters.
- India has several large-scale processing plants and factories for the production or manufacturing of the seeds and one company which produces a large percentage of the total produce is HL Agro. The company has its processing plant and factory area based in Uttar Pradesh and is known as the most reliable sesame seeds exporters following its engagement in the bulk production of several varieties of sesame seeds. Amongst the top-notch sesame seeds exporters hailing from India, HL Agro retains its market position with its quality produce & consistent delivery worldwide.
- The fact that several such companies are continuously producing large quantities of sesame adds to the total export quality produce and puts India on the top of charts as far as sesame seeds export is concerned.
For getting hands on premium quality sesame seeds of India, you may contact the bulk sesame manufacturer & worldwide exporter, HL Agro to serve your requirements.